Chief Operations Officer of West Indies Power Nevis Ltd. Mr. Bobby Tinsley at his Nelson Spring office
Local interest in the geothermal operations on Nevis continued to grow and according to a top official of West Indies Power Nevis Ltd. the trend was evident in the number of persons who continued to visit the Spring Hill Nevis 1 site and the Upper Jessups Nevis 2 site.
To provide legal advice to the Nevis Island Administration on all legal matter and to protect the interest of the Government and the people of Nevis
The Legal Department will provide outstanding legal services in a responsive, efficient, prompt and professional manner to the Nevis Island Administration and public, upholding the rule of the law and defending the Constitution of St. Christopher and Nevis.
The corporate values governing the legal department will include the following:
Integrity and honesty
– Ensuring that our practices reflect the highest ethical and professional standards.
– Being truthful , accurate and straightforward in our advice.
– Being sincere in both communication and conduct.
– Acting in the best interest of the community we serve.
– Collectively desiring to exceed client`s expectation by continually improving the value and effectiveness of our work.
– Producing work of consistent quality.
– We take responsibility for our actions , our decisions and our performance.
– Provide legal advise to the heads of ministries , departments and statutory bodies of the nevis administration upon all matters of law connected there to.
– Provides advice to the Nevis Island Administration upon all matters of law connected with legislative instruments and superintend all government measures of a legislative nature.
– Conduct and regulate all litigation for and against the Nevis Island Administration or any ministry , department or statutory body of the administration.
– Ensure that administration of public affairs is in accordance with the law.
– Collaborate with the ministry of finance in enforcing the tax laws in an economical , efficient and impartial matter to promote and maximize revenues.
– Prepare and vet diverse legal documents such as conveyances , transfers , leases , contracts , agreements , legal opinions and bonds.
– Process marriage licenses , alien land holding licenses , and declaration of natural parents applications for registration of father`s name.
– Provide continuous examination and registration of all companies (Domestic and external) operating on the island of Nevis.
– Ensure companies comply with the companies ordinance and relevant legislation.
– Ensure information on registered companies is available to the public.
The Nevis Postal Services is Committed to Providing Quality Service in the following:
(1) The dispatch of all all Overseas Mails
(2) The Delivery of mail World wide and around the island of Nevis.
We also offer the following Service to the General Public ::
(1) E- top up Service to Cable & Wireless Cell Phone Users.
(2) A International Money Order Service.
(3) Postal Order Service ( for the UK ).
(4) International Debit Card Service.
(5) Express Mail Service
Office Hours:8am – 3:30pm
The Premier of Nevis Hon. Joseph Parry, the Nevis Island Cabinet and a number of Nevisians observed the 38th Anniversary of the MV Christina Disaster with a memorial service onboard the MV Sea Hustler on Friday, August 1st, 2008.