CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (January 04, 2010) – The Nevis Island Administration (NIA) was commended by a local entrepreneur and businessman for what he described as its key support to the development of small businesses on Nevis. (more…)
The mission of the department is to provide the general public with timely, accurate and comprehensive statistics in a manner consistent with international guidelines and standards.
- That the statistics we publish are of the highest quality possible.
- That the general public will be confident that the information that they provide us with are secure.
- That the importance of the department will be recognised.
The primary funcion of the department is to collect, compile, analyze and disseminate statistics including statistics on the following:
- Population, household and families
- Immigration and Emigration
- Vital occurrences and civil registration
- Imports and Exports
- Wholesale and retail prices
- Banking and Finance
- Balance of Payment
- National Accounts
- Gross Domestic Product
- Consumer Price Index
Minister of Agriculture on Nevis Hon. Robelto Hector, told members of the Nevis Agro Processors, and St. Kitts Farmers Cooperatives and the Nevis Growers Association, that they should use a multiplying effect with any assistance they received from donor agencies. The advice came as he welcomed Canadian High Commissioner to Barbados and the OECS His Excellency David Marshall to Nevis, on September 22, 2008, at Prospect. (more…)