To promote the economically sustainable development of agriculture through effective collaboration, training, support and dialogue with stakeholders at various levels.
The Department of Agriculture endeavours to accomplish its mission through:
- The commercial, economic, and social development of farmers.
- Applied and basic training of all stakeholders in improved agricultural techniques and strategies in both the livestock and crop sectors.
- Conducting various performance trials on newly introduced hybrids and disseminating the results to stakeholders with the aim of enhancing production capacity.
- Promoting the adoption of appropriate technologies and production systems in both the livestock and crop sectors that are designed to enhance the quality and quantity of agricultural products.
- The introduction of new gene lines and improved breeds to the livestock sector to enhance the quality and quantity of meat and meat products.
- Improved delivery of all services across all divisions with particular emphasis on land preparation, marketing, extension, quarantine and abattoir services.
- Promoting the longevity and the revitalization of agriculture by encouraging youths to pursue careers and business opportunities in agriculture.
- The promotion of agro-processing as a viable enterprise for both local and export markets.
- To enforce the Animal Control Ordinance.