The mission of the department is to provide the general public with timely, accurate and comprehensive statistics in a manner consistent with international guidelines and standards.
- That the statistics we publish are of the highest quality possible.
- That the general public will be confident that the information that they provide us with are secure.
- That the importance of the department will be recognised.
The primary function of the department is to collect, compile, analyse and disseminate statistics including statistics on the following:
- Population, household and families
- Immigration and Emigration
- Vital occurrences and civil registration
- Imports and Exports
- Wholesale and retail prices
- Banking and Finance
- Balance of Payment
- National Accounts
- Gross Domestic Product
- Consumer Price Index