We at the Nevis Water Department pride ourselves in delivering a safe, reliable, and sufficient supply of potable water, at an adequate pressure to our customers.
In our quest to accomplish this task our operations are divided into four main categories; which includes Administration/Billing, Production, Distribution and Water Quality Testing.
Managing these categories is done by subdivisions, which allows for a smooth operation of making water available to the Public. These subdivision includes:
- Metering Division – reads water meters monthly and works closely with the Admin/Billing to ensure that Bills are issued on a timely basis.
- Production Division – comprises of Pump Technicians and Electricians and their role is to maintain 13 Potable water well Pumps and 4 Booster stations. Records are also kept in relation to the volume of water pumped.
- Distribution/ Maintenance Division- repairs water mains and installs new service connections.
- Water Quality/Laboratory Division is responsible for conducting monthly water quality test on the water produced and conduct further test on water distributed to consumers.
*** We also do testing of cistern water
At the Water Department we are also committed to:-
- Customer Satisfaction
- Training and capacity building
- Efficiency and productivity