To pursue excellence in Health education/health promotion programs that enable persons to increase control over the determinants of health and adopt healthier lifestyles.
The Health Education Unit was established in 1996.
- The roles and responsibilities of the Unit are:
- To assess community needs for health education
- To plan and implement, monitor and evaluate provide health education / promotion programs with communities.
- To communicate population health needs to facilitate health services , policies and programs
- To act as a health resource Unit for the population.
- To develop health communication materials –pamphlets, flyers, posters.
- To develop and present health tips and articles for print and electronic media dissemination.