WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRAVEL TO NEVIS (ST. KITTS & NEVIS) WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL
ALL PERSONS RETURNING TO NEVIS WILL BE SUBJECT TO 14 DAYS QUARANTINE IN A DESIGNATED FACILITY
DO NOT PURCHASE an airline ticket for travel to Nevis (St. Kitts & Nevis) unless you have received specific notice that your application for return to Nevis has been approved.
NEITHER THE NEVIS ISLAND ADMINISTRATION NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY EXPENSES INCURRED BY YOU IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE PROCEDURES NOR FOR ANY INJURY SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF THESE PROVISIONS.
HOW DOES THE APPLICATION FOR REPATRIATION FOR CITIZENS AND RESIDENTS ABROAD WORK?
If you are a citizen/resident whose permanent island of residence is Nevis (St. Kitts and Nevis) and you have been unable to travel home due to the closure of our borders as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you will now be able to plan your return only with prior coordination and approval from the Nevis COVID-19 Task Force and Nevis Air and Seaport Authority (NASPA). Coordination and approval are necessary to limit, as much as possible, the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of all, especially those most vulnerable.
In the interest of public health and safety, approvals for re-entry will be phased in a manner deemed appropriate by the Nevis COVID-19 Task Force, the designated Quarantine Authority, and other key ministries.
THE PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Write an email of application to the Nevis COVID-19 Task Force, at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application should include the following information:
- Full Name (as it appears in passport)
- Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Personal Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Proof of Citizenship or Residency
- Home Address in Nevis and Telephone Number
- Any additional family members travelling with you, the same information applies
- Travel information including port of embarkation, proposed carrier and proposed date of travel.
- This email must be sent if you wish to be considered for re-entry to Nevis.
- The anticipated time of processing is a minimum of five (5) working days.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
Once the application is approved by the Task Force and NASPA, you will be notified by email and sent a Notice of Quarantine/Isolation form to be signed and returned.
Reminder: Quarantine is the restriction of movement and the separation of persons who are well, but may have been exposed to the coronavirus. This is necessary to monitor for symptoms and detect cases early. Quarantine will be for 14 days and is subject to conditions outlined in the Quarantine Act Chapter 9.23; the Public Health (Quarantine) Regulations No. 2 of 2020 and the Public Health (Quarantine) (Amendment) Regulations No. 8 of 2020.
You will then be able to book your travel.
- Send confirmation of intended arrival (AIR or SEA)
- Scan copy of your passport ID page – that is the page with your picture, your date of birth, etc. (if not previously sent)
- Confirm port of embarkation, carrier and date of travel to: email@example.com
- It is mandatory for persons to submit a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test from an accredited medical laboratory within 72 hours of arrival into Nevis. A hard copy must be presented upon request. (No rapid covid-19 test results will be accepted)
Health screening will be done at the port of entry. All persons entering Nevis should observe all health and safety protocols including physical distancing and wearing of mask.
Following clearance by Immigration and Customs officials you will then be transported to the designated quarantine location. Neither family, friends nor privately hired vehicles will be allowed to transfer you from the point of entry to the quarantine site. Each returning national/resident is responsible for all meals and incidentals during the 14-day period.
STRICT QUARANTINE MUST BE OBSERVED – this means you must stay in your allocated space and limit contact with others for 14 days. NO family members or other visitors will be allowed. The penalty for risking the lives of others and breaking quarantine is serious. Should you breach or violate the Public Health (Quarantine) Regulations No. 2 of 2020 regarding quarantine and isolation, you shall face a fine not exceeding eight thousand ($8,000.00).
You will be monitored periodically by health officials for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If showing signs or symptoms you will be sampled for a COVID-19 test.
After 14 days, you will be sampled for a COVID-19 test. Each returning national/resident is responsible for the cost of the COVID-19 test. If you test negative you will be permitted to return to your residence. All persons should still wear a mask in public, must observe hygiene protocols, and must continue to observe physical distancing of six (6) feet.
If you test positive, you will be placed in isolation for at least 14 more days and monitoring by health officials will continue.