Republic of China (Taiwan) offering MOFA and ICDF Scholarships
NIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (February 25, 2019) — The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration (NIA) regarding scholarship offers from the Republic of China (Taiwan).
The Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration is encouraging individuals who are interested in higher education (bachelors, master/ doctoral) to apply for Taiwan’s MOFA or ICDF scholarship programmes.
The programmes cover a variety of fields such as, Business, Management, Agriculture, Mandarin Chinese, Engineering, Technology and Nursing. Applicants also have quite a variety of universities for their individual preference.
To research and decide on which programme to apply for please refer to the following links:
- Airfare; Housing; Tuition fees; Credit fees; Insurance; Textbook costs; and Allowance.
General Application Guidelines:
- One must apply to their preferred university as well as to the Taiwan Embassy in St. Kitts. The university will present a permission slip which must be included with the embassy’s application.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each applicant can ONLY apply for one (1) programme at a time, either ICDF or MOFA.
- Applicants are advised to complete a medical test after their application has been approved.
- Along with the completed application form must also be an originalpassport and education certificates as well as two (2) copies of all documents. Copies must be clear (easily read) and precise (no cut-off).
- Applications for ICDFmust be submitted to the Ministry of Human Resources by March 4th, 2018. However, MOFA applications must be received by March 18th, 2018. Deadlines on other notifications will outline dates March 16th/March 31st; these dates are for applications to be received by the Embassy not Human Resources. Therefore, all applications received after March 4th/ 18th will be refused.
For further guidance (application information, eligibility etc.) kindly refer to the attached documents and/or contact the following persons:
Mr. Roger Woodley
Ministry of Education
Government of St. Kitts Tel. No.: 467-1110
Mrs. Shanola Murrey-Gill or Ms. Ronice Williams
Ministry of Human Resources
Nevis Island Administration
Tel. No.: 469-5521 Ext. 5163/4
Mr. Daniel kou
Victoria Road, Basseterre, St. Kitts
Tel. No.: 465-2421