To improve the effectiveness and efficiency of health care by providing an integrated evidence-based health information system that can provide information on a wide range of health determinants to health professionals, patients, policy makers, and the general public.
- Collect, collate and interpret information on and in all areas of healt.
- Identify and monitor trends in disease patterns.
- Provide information to the Ministry of Health on the requirement for planning.
- Provide information to other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a Health Information Database warehouse.
- To publish an annual report of health statistics.
- To provide data and information for Educational, Statistical and Research purposes.