NIA announces financial assistance guidelines for tertiary education
NIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (April 25, 2018) — The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration regarding Financial Assistance for tertiary education.
The Ministry of Human Resources in the Nevis Island Administration (NIA), is pleased to inform that we are now receiving applications for Financial Assistance.
Financial Assistance is funding approved by the Nevis Island Administration to an applicant in order to partially support higher education studies.
The significance of financial assistance is measured by Government’s priority areas; the individual’s professional development; the strategic objectives of the country; and the contribution their education will make to the wider community.
An individual may apply for financial assistance, whether or not the individual is employed by the Nevis Island Administration. Please see the following guidelines for applications to be considered:
- A Cover letter addressed to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Human Resources, requesting financial assistance. The letter should also state:
- The course of study;
- Why do you wish to undergo the specified field of education and how will such training influence your professional development;
- How will your professional development contribute to the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis; and
- The commencement date and expected duration of studies.
- An original university acceptance letter.
- A breakdown of course fees from the respective university.
- A completed Application Form.
Please note that applications must be delivered to the Ministry of Human Resources by 31st May, 2018.
For additional guidance and/or to request an Application Form, please visit or contact the Ministry of Human Resources on 469-5521.