PROCEDURE TAX PAYERS GO THROUGH TO REGISTER AND PAY THERE PROPERTY TAXES
FOR REGISTERED TAXPAYERS:
- Upon visiting the Inland Revenue Department located at Main Street Charlestown Nevis, taxpayers are required to have with them their most recent receipts of payment that was made on the durable property
- Submit the name of the current owner of the property/the name on the previous receipt
- Taxpayers would then be given the amount outstanding on their property along with a Demand Notice slip
- Taxpayers would now be able to pay the amount outstanding on that current property
- Cashiers will generate the newly receipt of payment for the taxable year
FOR NON-REGISTERED TAXPAYERS:
- Taxpayer must submit a copy of the original Certificate of Title (COT) or DEED to the valuation officer at the Inland Revenue Department
- Business’s are to bring a Copy of their (COT) or DEED & Certificate of Incorporation
- Inland Revenue Department will then record the information taken from the document(certificate of title/deed) followed by a property assessment for taxation and then a Property Tax bill(Demand Notice) will then be prepared for the taxpayer
- After receiving bill taxpayers may pay their property tax bill of the amount stated on the Demand Notice
- A receipt will then be giving to taxpayer after payment has been captured onto account for taxpayer
Samples of Certificate of Valuation, Certificate of Title and Demand Notice, repsectively.
NB: For any further information regarding property tax please contact the Property Valuation Division at the Inland Revenue Department via Tel:(869)469-5856 or Email: email@example.com or mailing address Main Street, Nevis.