The Minister was at the time reporting on the strides already made in the area of tourism under his watch which began about one month ago.
“We cannot do it alone; our people must be an integral part of this effort. Tourism is everybody’s business,” he said.
Meantime, Mr. Brantley pointed to a number of television crews scheduled to visit the island with the first visit by French Television Voyage Channel on February 24, 2013.
The second crew will come from House Hunters International from March 27th-29th while the third crew is expected from Wedding TV on April 9th-16th. Their visit will be sponsored by the St. Kitts Tourism Association and the NTA.
On April 24th-28th a crew from the Project Explorers Travel Educational Film Series is expected. That crew, sponsored by the Four Seasons Resort with some assistance from the NTA will highlight St. Kitts and Nevis’ 30th anniversary of Independence.
He said those initiatives would maximise television and internet based exposure for Nevis as a top destination in key overseas markets.
With regard to the matter of airlift into the island the Tourism Minister noted that the Administration continued to be concerned and had already been in touch with officials from various airlines.
“I have thus far met with officials from Cape Air and I am very encouraged at the dramatic increase in demand for their Nevis San Juan service. I have also held preliminary telephone discussions with LIAT and assured them both of Nevis’ continued commitment to partnering with them.
“I propose this week to have a meeting with Seabourne, an airline based in the USVI which has recently launched services from San Juan to Dominica. I am hopeful that such talks will bear fruit for the benefit of the island. I continue to encourage our travellers, local and visitors alike to use the air services available in Nevis and to make the Vance International Airport a part of their travel plans,” he said.