NIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (May 12, 2021) — The following is an announcement from the Ministry of Health regarding a call for MUA/NIA scholarship applications from May 17 to June 25, 2021.
About the MUA/NIA Scholarship
The Medical University of the Americas (MUA) and The Nevis Island Administration (NIA) will offer two (2) scholarships for academic year 2021-2022 to well deserving high school graduates with a sound academic record. Scholarships will be awarded towards the pursuit of undergraduate studies which lead to a degree at an accredited university or higher learning institution.
The scholarships can be awarded for up to four (4) years of study at:
- University of the West Indies
- Any four (4) year United States based institution
- The Medical University of the Americas (MUA)
- Environmental Health
- Dental Hygiene
- Occupational/Speech Therapy
- Health Educator
- Biomedical Engineering
- Health Information Management
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Supply Chain Management (Health)
- Social Work
Eligibility Requirements Candidates
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must be a citizen of St. Kitts/Nevis
- Must have at least five (5) CXC CSEC passes including Mathematics, English and one (1) Science
- Must be active in community service
- Persons who are already attending University will not be considered for this Scholarship
Requirements Regarding Institutions
- George’s University, Grenada is not a qualifying institution
- Offshore Universities are not qualifying institutions
- Scholarships cannot be awarded for the pursuit of studies at Community Colleges
- Preference will be given to Universities in the Caribbean region
- Application form
- Birth or naturalization certificate
- Police Record
- Passport Sized Picture
- Certified copies of CXC/CSEC/CAPE passes
- Copy of acceptance letter from tertiary institution
- Official costing of programme including tuition, room and board etc
- Letter of reference from high school teacher
- Letter of reference from a community service organization stating your active involvement
- Eight hundred-one thousand (800-1000) word essay stating your future goals and why you are deserving of this scholarship.
- MUA /NIA Scholarships will be awarded to begin studies in August 2021 – February 2022
- Applications will be accepted beginning May 17, 2021 and conclude on June 25, 2021.
- Applications MUST be typewritten and submitted in hard copy to the address below:
MUA/NIA Scholarship Committee
℅ The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview after the close of the application period.
- Questions about the eligibility and other matters regarding the application process can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Shelisa Martin-Clarke at 469–5521-Ext 6490.
- Scholarship recipients MUST maintain a 3.0 GPA to remain eligible for this scholarship over the course of study.
- Applicants MUST agree to return to the Federation within twelve (12) months of completing his/her chosen programme of study.
- Scholarship recipients are required to sign a Bond with the Nevis Island Administration which requires a service commitment to be rendered to the Federation of St. Kitts/Nevis for a period of up to five (5) years.