NIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (April 20, 2018) — The following is an announcement from the Premier’s Ministry in the Nevis Island Administration regarding the criteria for the St. Kitts and Nevis 2018 Independence Theme Competition.
The management and coordination of the 2018 Independence Theme Competition is the responsibility of the Ministry of Education. The guidelines for the contest are provided below:
- Theme must be concise, memorable, and certainly no longer than a sentence. Composers should aim for no more than six (6) to eight (8) words.
- Theme should focus on Patriotism and Love of Country.
- An internal rhyme scheme and rhythm will enhance the theme/slogan.
- Theme should accurately reflect the Country’s realities on the ground, and the common shared future to which all citizens should reasonably aspire.
- Theme must be turned in by the submission deadline – Wednesday, 2nd May, 2018. Late entries would not be acknowledged or considered. All entries must be submitted in writing, either by:
- email to email@example.com or the Permanent Secretary for Education, Mr. William Hodge at william.hodge@moeskn
- sealed hard copy addressed to the said Permanent Secretary; or
- the drop box at the entrance to Government Headquarters in an envelope addressed to the said Permanent Secretary.
- Entries for the Theme competition are accepted from persons of all ages who are citizens and residents of the Federation.
- Members of the Independence Committee, its subcommittees and Government Ministers are not eligible to submit entries into the competition.
- A maximum of two (2) submissions will be accepted from each entrant/composer.
- All themes entered into the competition must be new compositions. Old or plagiarized entries will result in immediate disqualification.
- All persons submitting entries should include their name, address and contact number(s) with each entry. Deadline for submission: Wednesday, 2nd May, 2018.